CHOOSE YOUR PREFERENCES
Which country do we ship for?
CHOOSE YOUR CURRENCY
Here at Wunderlabel, we believe that everyone can make a difference when it comes to sustainability and environmental responsibility. Small choices which are made every day can add up to something big. By adopting this mindset, we continue to make sustainable and ethical choices for our products and our supply chain. Working towards short-term and long-term goals keeps us accountable and focused on our path to offer the very best for our customers and the environment. You can order with confidence knowing that great thought and care has gone into our products, our customers and the impact we have on the earth. Together we can make a difference.
To lead the branding industry in a direction where quality, sustainability and ethical business practices are valued equally. To normalise the concept that exceptional design starts with respecting the planet and the people on it.
To produce our products sustainably while conducting operations with a high standard of business ethics and overall environmental responsibility. To set and reach goals which assist us in maintaining our commitments and continue to improve our methods and practices.
We believe that setting goals is essential for a better future. We are proud of how far we’ve come and what we have accomplished, but we know there is always room for improvement. That is why we’ve set the following goals, to inspire and guide us in the years to come.
- We aim to transition all of our product ranges to be produced using recycled or sustainable/renewable materials by 2025.
- Expand our range of environmentally friendly packaging and shipping supplies.
- Encourage customers to buy quality products which stand the test of time and move away from ‘throw-away’ culture. Reduce - Reuse - Recycle!
Our production facility located in Vietnam is solely owned and operated by Wunderlabel. That means that any product which leaves this facility has been produced according to our extremely high standards and has passed through the hands of dedicated employees.
We want to have a positive effect on the people and communities in Vietnam. This is especially important today where forced labor, environmentally toxic practices and low wages can be an industry norm. 50 permanent positions have been created at our location in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam where we offer fair wages, well above the average, along with a working environment which adheres to Northern European factory standards. Our factory supports a clear air working environment by having high quality IQ air filters along with air conditioning and air purifiers.
Wunderlabel has built a range of professional quality products which pass rigorous quality and standard controls. Not only do we hold ourselves to this high standard, but our suppliers too. We are proud of the supply chain which we built over the years to create high quality labels and hang tags using materials you can trust. Recycled woven, satin and Tyvek labels are made with materials which have been given a new life. Our goal is to continue to add sustainable products to all of our products categories.
We are proud of the fact that all of our woven labels and wristbands are made with 100% recycled yarn*. They are produced using Newlife™ yarn, a unique certified yarn platform engineered from 100% post consumer bottles. *Melange and sparkling yarn is not recycled.
Newlife™ yarn is produced using post consumer PET bottles. The bottles are collected using dedicated recycling receptacles for PET bottles. Once collected, the bottles go through a mechanical process to produce Newlife™ yarn. The warp yarn we use, the “stationary” yarn which acts as the base for woven labels and wristbands, is 100% recycled polyester yarn. The small but important detail is not the norm in the wovel label industry.
All of our printed Tyvek® labels are made with 100% recycled polyethylene. These labels are water resistant, tear resistant, lightweight and are made to stand the test of time.
Did you know that recycling paper directly helps to reduce greenhouse gas emissions which contribute to climate change? The EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) estimates that recycling one ton of paper saves 17 trees and 2.5 cubic metres of landfill space.
Protecting our forests and regulating the process of making paper is crucial. That is why Wunderlabel sources our hang tag and business card paper from a supplier which is certified for the following:
- Forest Stewardship Council® - This certification means that the paper used to create our hang tags is made from responsible sources and has been verified to meet FSC’s strict environmental and social standards.
- Heavy Metal Absence 94/62/CE - Paper is produced in conformity with the CE 94/62 "concentration of heavy metals in packaging". It is the directive defining the maximum concentration of heavy metals such as cadmium, chrome, mercury and lead.
- Elemental Chlorine Free Guaranteed (ECF) - Certification ensures total absence of derivative organic chlorine.
- Acid Free / Long-Life ISO 9706 - Certifies long life of acid free paper.
- Selected Secondary Fibres - Sourcing reclaimed material for use in FSC Product Groups or FSC Certified Projects.
You can order with confidence - our woven labels are certified to be free of substances which can be harmful to your health.
Rest assured, our textiles do not contain any harmful substances. The raw materials used in our products are consistently checked and our woven labels and wristbands are Standard 100 by OEKO-TEX® certified.
We love the planet and the people on it, which is why we are proud to be Standard 100 by OEKO-TEX® certified. All of the yarn used to produce our woven labels and wristbands, aside from our sparkling and metallic yarn options, have been certified up to Product Class I (safe for babies and toddlers up to 3 years of age) according to the Standard 100 by OEKO-TEX®.
We believe that high quality products are the result of using only the finest materials which are produced in a safe, responsible and transparent manner. We trace our materials back to the source to ensure that every single one of our suppliers have the OEKO-TEX® Standard 100 certification which is the global uniform testing and certification system for textile raw materials and end products.
The tests for harmful substances cover substances which are prohibited or regulated by law, chemicals which are harmful to health and testing parameters which are included as a precautionary measure to safeguard health. The tests are carried out exclusively by authorised independent textile research and test institutes with proven expertise. Since its introduction in 1992, the central focus of the STANDARD 100 by
OEKO-TEX® has been the development of test criteria, limit values and test methods on a scientific basis. On the basis of its comprehensive and strict catalogue of measures, with several hundred regulated individual substances, the STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX® takes account of:
- Important legal regulations, such as banned Azo colourants, formaldehyde, pentachlorophenol, cadmium, nickel, etc.
- Numerous harmful chemicals, even if they are not yet legally regulated.
- Requirements of Annexes XVII and XIV of the European Chemicals
- Regulation REACh as well as of the ECHA SVHC Candidate List insofar as they are assessed by expert groups of the OEKO-TEX® Association to be relevant for fabrics, textiles, garments or accessories. Discussions and developments that are considered to be relevant are taken into account as quickly and effectively as possible through updates to the STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX® requirements.
- Requirements from the US Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA) regarding lead.
- Numerous also environmentally relevant substance classes